Who is crazy about matcha? These matcha brownies are sweet, fudgy, moist, soft, and super delicious! They are made with all plant-based ingredients, 100% vegan, and great for snacks or dessert. You can also make them without store-bought white chocolate, yet it tastes and smells amazingly white chocolaty.
For the brownies
- 1&1/2 cups(165g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup(70g) rice flour
- 1&1/2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1&1/2 cups(210g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(60g) cacao butter
- 1/2 cup(125ml) melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup(110ml) soy milk
- 1/4 cup(70ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the white chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven for 180℃.
- Melt the cacao butter and vegan butter in a sauce pan on the low heat, stir consistently. Do not bring it to boil as we are adding soy milk to it and if the temperature is too high the mixture will bubble up and splash.
- Add in the brown sugar and soy milk and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside and let it cool.
- Mix the tapioca flour and water together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the plain flour, rice flour, matcha powder and salt with a whisk.
- Add the butter mixture, tapioca flour mixture, maple syrup and vanilla into the dry mixture and mix gently with a large wooden spoon.
- Transfer the batter into a greased/lined square tin and smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 mins until an inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- While the brownie is in the oven, let’s make the white chocolate sauce! In a small sauce pan, melt the cacao butter on the low heat. Add in the powdered sugar, stir to combine. Then add the soy milk until smooth. Set aside to cool and firm up.
- Let the brownie cool down to room temperature in the tin, then take it out and let it cool completely on a cooling rack before topping with the white chocolate sauce. Cut into 9 or12 squares.
- Put the white chocolate sauce in a piping bag, cut a small hole at the end and decorate the brownies like in the pictures.
Do not boil the cacao butter and vegan butter! If the temperature is too high the mixture will bubble up and splash when you add the soy milk to the mixture.
Mix the batter gently with a large wooden spoon so you don’t develop gluten in the batter.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Ameircan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: chocolate, brownie, matcha