This moist, fluffy, and delicious banana bread is made with only 5 ingredients, is easy to make, and also vegan! They are ready in under 1 hour and can be made in 1 bowl too. Perfect as a delicious and healthy breakfast, snacks for school and work, and for a picnic on a sunny day!
- 3 ripe bananas (275g)
- 2 cups (220g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp (110ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F).
In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a potato masher or a fork until they are a smooth paste.
- Add in the vegetable oil and brown sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the plain flour and baking powder, and mix until just combined with a large wooden or silicone spatula. Be sure not to overmix your batter!
- Pour your batter into your lined or greased loaf tin, and smooth out the top. Bake it for 50 minutes then do a toothpick test. Insert it into the centre of the loaf and if it comes out clean with moist crumb, it’s done!
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
You can use other oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc.
Toast a slice and enjoy with vegan butter or nut butter!
Be careful not to overmix the batter.
Cover the top of the banana bread with tin foil halfway through baking if the top starts to burn too much.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
Keywords: banana bread, vegan banana bread