These vegan pumpkin brownies are fudgy and full of pumpkin flavour with milk chocolate swirl and chocolate chips! They are easy to make, completely dairy and egg-free, and can be made healthy too with a little modification. Perfect autumn dessert for the Halloween and Thanksgiving season!
For the pumpkin brownies
- 1&1/2 cups (165g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (70g) rice flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) pumpkin puree
- 1 & 1/2 cups (210g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (60g) cacao butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) almond milk
- 1/4 cup (20g) coconut milk powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the milk chocolate swirl
- 3 squares (15g) vegan milk chocolate
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the topping(optional)
- a few tablespoons of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven for 180°C(350°F).
- Melt the cacao butter in a microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat until liquid. Add the coconut milk powder and stir well until smooth. This is the white chocolate mixture! Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree and mix with a small whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the plain flour, rice flour, arrowroot flour, and salt together and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the white chocolate mixture and pumpkin mixture to the dry mixture and mix gently with a large wooden spoon until combined. Set aside while making the milk chocolate swirl.
- To make the swirl, mix all ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk until very smooth and no lump is in it.
- Dollop the chocolate swirl mixture randomly onto the pumpkin brownie batter in the tray. With something with a pointy end like a toothpick or chopstick, insert the tip of it to the surface of the brownie batter and drag it in a circular motion to create a swirl pattern. Don’t overdo it! overdoing it can make it look like just a mess.
- Top with some vegan chocolate chips and bake for 30-35 mins until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down to room temperature before cutting the brownies into 9 squares. Enjoy!
You can omit the chocolate chips if you don’t have any.
Mix the batter gently with a large wooden spoon to not develop too much gluten.
Mix the dry ingredients very thoroughly with a whisk to prevent the arrowroot flout from sticking together in the batter.
Don’t overdo the swirling step – if mixed too much it can look messy.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: autumn, halloween, thanksgiving