- 1 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (130g) natural peanut butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (80g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (90ml) melted vegan butter
- 1tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp soy milk at room temperature
- Preheat the oven for 180°C(350°F).
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water with a small whisk to make a flax egg. Set aside for it to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornflour, and baking powder together until well combined and there are no lumps left. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted vegan butter, and flax egg together with a whisk until well combined. Add the room temperature peanut butter, soy milk, and vanilla extract and mix again until well combined and smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a large wooden spoon until it makes a firm but soft and pliable dough. Add the vegan chocolate chips and fold in until just combined.
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop and make balls. Place them on a lined baking tray and press them down gently. Make sure to leave some space between the cookies so that they won’t stick together when they are being baked in the oven.
- Bake them for 11-13 mins. If you want soft and gooey cookies, bake for 11 mins and if you prefer firm and crunchy cookies bake for 13 mins.
- Take them out of the oven and let them set on the tray for 5 mins. The cookies are quite soft and fragile when they are right out of the oven, but don’t worry! They will continue to bake on the tray a little and firm up nicely after 5 mins. Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack using a spatula. Enjoy while they are warm!
Use room temperature peanut butter and soy milk to make the mixing process easy.
Press down the cookies on the tray to flatten them before baking. These cookies tend to NOT spread in the oven, so pressing them down is very important.
leave the cookies on the tray for 5 mins after baking. This step allows the cookies to firm up nicely. Don’t try to transfer them to a cooling rack right after you take them out of the oven as they are quite soft and fragile at the stage.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
Keywords: peanut butter, chocolate chips