These vegan match cookies have a slight crisp to the edge, a deliciously chewy and soft texture, and are super easy and simple to make too! One of the best cookies I’ve ever tasted in my life. The combination of healthy green tea matcha and sweet white chocolate chips is unquestionably the best match and addictively delicious.
- 2 cups (220g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (90g) chopped white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F). In a medium bowl, mix the room temperature coconut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a small whisk until they are combined. Add the soy milk and mix further until very well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, matcha powder, cornflour, and baking powder until they are well combined with no sight of streaks of matcha powder in it.
- Add the coconut butter mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a large wooden spoon until it makes a cookie dough.
- Add chopped up white chocolate chunks and fold in gently a few times. Rest the cookie dough in the fridge for 15mins.
- Scoop the batter using an ice cream scoop, make balls and place them on a baking tray. Leave some space between the cookies so that they have room to spread in the oven. Press down the cookies slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12mins.
- Take them out of the oven and leave them on the tray for a further 2-3 mins. Transfer them onto a cooling rack carefully and let them cool further. Enjoy!
Shift the matcha powder before mixing to prevent clumps in the batter.
Use an ice cream scoop to make cookies that are the same size throughout every batch.
Use room temperature coconut butter and plant milk to make it easy to mix with a whisk.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: matcha, Japanese