These are the best double chocolate muffins ever! They are exceptionally good – incredibly soft and moist, yet so fluffy with rich and decadent chocolate flavour and chocolate chips. They are very easy to make and perfect for breakfast, lunch and even bringing to home parties.
- 2&1/2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (105g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (35g) cacao powder
- 1/2~1 cup (80~160g) vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (180ml) melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) soy milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (130g) soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F).
- In a small bowl, mix the soy milk and apple cider vinegar to make vegan buttermilk. Set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter over low to medium heat in a small saucepan, or on a double boiler, or in a microwave.
- Add the vegan buttermilk and soy yoghurt to melted vegan butter and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix well the flour, sugars, cacao powder, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda with a whisk.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix gently with a large wooden spoon or a spatula until they are just combined. Don’t overmix the batter!
- Fold the vegan chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin tray lined with muffin cups until about 3/4. Sprinkle some more vegan chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool down, take them out and transfer them onto a cooling rack to cool further.
Be careful not to overmix the batter.
Use muffin cups to prevent them from sticking to the tray.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: muffin, breakfast, chocolate