This wonderfully soft and moist 1 bowl banana bread is healthy and bursting with delicious banana flavour! It’s also vegan and gluten-free. It only requires simple ingredients you can find in your cupboard and is super easy to make too. Perfect for a healthy breakfast, afternoon snack, or even for a picnic in the park on a sunny day!
- Mash 1 ripe banana with a fork or a small potato masher in a bowl until it’s paste-like. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice flour, potato flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda with a whisk until well combined and there are no lumps of flour left.
- Add the soy milk, coconut oil, and mashed banana to the dry mixture and mix with the same whisk until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Pour the batter into a 1lb loaf tin and smooth out the top evenly. Top with one banana split in half then pop it into the oven and bake for 50mins. Do a toothpick test when it’s done. To do that, insert a toothpick into the centre of the bread and if it comes out clean, it’s baked! If it comes out with wet batter, pop it back in and bake for another 5-10 mins until it’s baked.
- Slice, toast, spread peanut butter and enjoy!
Place a sheet of foil over the bread halfway through about 30-40 mins after when the top starts to look golden brown to prevent the top from burning.
Use room temperature soy milk to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying when mixing together.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
Keywords: gluten-free, banana, healthy