Soft and slightly chewy homemade vegan sugar cookies. They are super easy to make, simply delicious, and a perfect bake for festive events like Christmas or any other occasion!
- 2 cups (220g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (120g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar + 1 tbsp for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup (120ml) melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) plant milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornflour and baking powder, and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the melted vegan butter, plant milk and vanilla, and mix with a large wooden spoon until it makes a cookie dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 15 mins. You can either chill the whole dough in the mixing bowl and then make balls later, or make balls first, place them on a tray, and then chill in the fridge. Make sure to cover the cookie dough with a clean cloth or reusable cling film.
- Place the balls on a baking tray and press down the top to flatten them a little. Leave a little space between each cookie so that they won’t stick together when baked. Sprinkle some sugar on top and bake for 12-14mins until the edges are firm and slightly golden.
- Take them out of the oven and carefully transfer them onto a cooling rack. Don’t worry if they still feel soft! They will continue cooking and firm up nicely on the rack. Enjoy
Please read the whole article for useful tips and tricks!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: Christmas, festive season