These vegan strawberry cookies with white chocolate chips have a chewy texture with a slightly crispy edge, are super easy to make and so flavourful with vibrant colour! You can make them from scratch and they are perfect summer cookies for afternoon snacks, party gifts, or a picnic in the park!
- 2 cups (240g) plain flour
- 1 cup (145g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) strawberry puree, about 8 strawberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil
- 1 cup (20g) freeze-dried strawberries + more for decoration
- 1 cup (90g) vegan white chocolate bar or chips + more for decoration
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1–2 tbsp plant milk (if needed)
- Vegan strawberry flavouring or strawberry extract (if more strawberry flavour is desired. Use as instructed on the package.)
- Vegan red food colouring (if more red colour is desired. Use as instructed on the package.)
- Chop the vegan white chocolate bar if using chocolate chunks. If using chocolate chips, skip this step! Make sure to weigh your chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Puree the strawberries with a hand mixer until they are completely blended and watery paste. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl until very well combined. Use vegan strawberry flavouring and red food colouring if more flavour and red colour are desired.
- Add the melted and cooled coconut oil, strawberry puree, and vanilla extract to the dry mixture and mix until combined with a large wooden spoon. You can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment too! If the dough is too dry, add 1-2 tables spoons of plant milk and see if it helps. If the dough is too moist, try adding 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
- Crush the freeze-dried strawberries into chunks, throw them and the white chocolate chunks/chips into the dough, and fold them a few times gently. Chill the dough in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F) before you take the dough out of the fridge.
- Scoop the cookie dough with an ice cream scoop and place it on a baking tray with parchment paper or baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the dough. Make sure to leave space between the cookies so that they can spread in the oven. Press down the top slightly to flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 mins until the edge is slightly golden.
- Once the cookies come out of the oven, immediately top the cookies with more freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chunks before they are set if you want to decorate the cookies. Let them sit on the baking tray for 10 mins.
- Transfer them onto a cooling rack and cool further. Enjoy!
The cookies may look still undone right after taking them out of the oven but don’t worry! Leaving them on the tray allows them to cook a little more and firm up nicely.
Puree the strawberries very well until they are completely blended and watery paste.
Do not use fresh or frozen strawberries as the add-in strawberries. It will make the texture wet and soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Spring, Summer, berries