These chewy vegan miso cookies are packed with melty chocolate chunks and umami flavour that comes from miso paste! They are super easy to make, chewy, soft, thick, and so delicious.
- Chop a vegan chocolate bar into chunks. If using chocolate chips, skip the chopping.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder together with a whisk until well combined and there are no lumps of flour left. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl or jug, mix the melted vegan butter, soy milk, and miso paste very well with a small whisk until it’s smooth and there are no big lumps of miso in the mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well until it makes a cookie dough. Add the chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips and fold in gently a few times.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen cloth or reusable cling film and rest in the fridge for at least 15mins to 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F) a little before taking the dough out of the fridge.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place the dough on a baking tray with a baking sheet or parchment paper. Leave enough space between each cookie so that they have room to spread in the oven Press down the cookies slightly and bake for 12-15 mins.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them set on the tray for a further 5 mins. transfer them to a cooling rack and cool further. Enjoy!
If you see tiny white lumps of miso when mixing the wet mixture, it’s the little soy bits in miso so don’t worry about it!
Don’t use melted vegan butter that is too hot to prevent the chocolate chunks from melting in the cookie dough.
If you want soft and gooey cookies, bake for 12 mins. For slightly crispier cookies, bake for 14-15mins.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: miso, Japanese