This lemon sugar is super easy to make and only requires two ingredients – sugar and lemon! It’s perfect on muffins, cakes, and any other lemon baked good to enhance the lovely lemon flavour and fragrance. It’s great for making lemonade too! Make this recipe over summer when lemons are in season.
- 1 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Wash and dry the lemons thoroughly before peeling them.
- Using a lemon zester, peeler or knife, peel the yellow lemon zest.
- Put the granulated sugar and peeled/zested lemon zest in a food processor and process until they are combined for about 3 minutes.
- Once the lemon sugar is ready, put it in a jar with an airtight lid and use it on your baked goods, make lemonade with it, or store it in the fridge. Enjoy!
Be careful not to cut your fingers or grate your fingers accidentally!
ry to only peel the yellow part of the lemons, aka lemon zest. The white part underneath tastes bitter and not great in this lemon sugar recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Process time: 3 mins
- Method: Food pricessor
Keywords: lemon, sugar