This simple unsweetened homemade applesauce recipe is made with only one ingredient, apple! It’s a healthy fruit puree you can have on porridge, yoghurt, or just by itself as a healthy snack. It’s easy to make and perfect to use in baking and cooking too!
- 3 medium size apples
- 1/4 cup (60ml) filtered water
- Cut the apples into 1-2 inch cubes.
- In a large pot or deep pan, start cooking the apples with water on high heat and reduce to low once it gets to a boiling point. Cook with the lid on until they are soft and shrunk in size, about 10-15 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent the apples from burning at the bottom.
- Once the apples are cooked, let them cool down slightly.
- Put the apples in a blender or food processor and puree the apples until smooth puree. Alternatively, puree with stick blander.
- Pour in a mason jar with an airtight lid, cool completely and store in the fridge.
- Use for baking, have as a snack or with your breakfast!
If you want some chunks of apples in the puree, pulse until you get the consistency you like.
Cut the apples into the same size pieces to cook them evenly.
You can make this applesauce recipe with any kind of apple.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Cooking