This coconut buttercream frosting is smooth, creamy, and rich with full of coconut flavour! It’s very easy to make, made with only 6 ingredients in 1 bowl, and vegan too. A perfect buttercream frosting for any baked goods.
- 1/2 cup (115g) coconut cream, solid part of canned coconut milk that is chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/2 cup (100g) vegan butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (330g) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (65g) shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy whipping cream
- 1 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the vegan butter and coconut cream with a stand mixer or hand mixer until they are combined. About 3-5 mins. Add the vanilla extract and coconut extract and mix until combined if more flavour is desired.
- Add all of the shredded coconuts and icing sugar 1 cup at a time and mix until it’s creamy and fluffy.
- Add the soy whipping cream and mix further for about 3-4 mins until the frosting is nice and fluffy. Scrape the side as needed.
- Frost on your favourite baked goods!
Make sure that your coconut milk is chilled overnight in the fridge before starting making this recipe.
If your frosting looks too soft, you can chill it in the fridge for 10-20 mins to slightly firm it up before using it.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: coconut frosting, frosting, coconut