The fluffiest chocolate chip banana bread pancakes you will ever have! They are super fluffy, thick, rich and full of banana and chocolate flavour. It’s vegan as always and so healthy yet so delicious.
- 2 cups (220g) self-raising flour (or plain flour if your supermarket doesn’t have one)
- 1 cup (220ml) soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium size mashed banana
- 1/4 cups monk fruit sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (50g) vegan chocolate chip or chopped bar chocolate
- Some coconut oil for frying
- Half a banana cut into coins for topping
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the soy milk and stir to make vegan butter milk.
- Mash the banana well in a bowl with a folk.
- Add the mashed banana in the soy milk. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl add the wholemeal flour, baking powder, monk fruit sugar and chocolate and mix very well with a whisker.
- Add the soy milk and banana mixture into the large bowl. Mix gently and thoroughly with a spatula or large wooden spoon until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined but leaving tiny lumps in the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5 mins. Waiting time..
- Preheat the pan on the medium heat.
- Add coconut oil in the pan. Drop a little batter and see if it’s heated. If the batter sizzles with little bubble, it’s good to go!
- Pour the batter using a ladle and cook for about 2-3 mins on one side.
- When you see the edge firming up and little bubbles appearing on the surface, time to flip! Flip carefully with a turner.
- Cook for another 2-3mins to cook the other side, Repeat 8 – 11 and pile up the beauties!
- To make the syrup, simply mix the maple syrup and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Top the pancake with banana coins and syrup. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, brunch, Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana, chocolate, Pancake